When an employee takes the bold decision of turning an E, the first hurdle that he faces is that there is nobody above him to report to and set their target, time schedule and incentives. The external source of motivation is completely absent. So, self-motivation is the only source of inspiration for an entrepreneur. This new situation can be very challenging since working for a business and working on a business is very different. This exposure to self-importance as a business owner can also lead to waywardness and this affects personal development.
So, what is the way forward for maintaining focus on the business and also to become a motivated individual? Below are the ways to motivate yourself and stay focused on your business and personal goals:
- Every single business has their own vision statement and this actually states the organization’s larger goals, philosophies and core value system. Just like his business an entrepreneur must have his personal mission in front of his eyes. If required write down your mission statement, carry it around and read it whenever possible. This will help the new business person to constantly remember his mission and goal.
- A mission is incomplete without a plan. Try to develop your business and personal plan which will include short-term goals in order to achieve the ultimate goal. But this plan will be dynamic and it will change according to the changing circumstances.
- Getting motivated is all about giving yourself a head start. Try to follow a comprehensive morning routine which will make the mind and the body more prepared and focused. Revising and refining your plans must be an essential part of your routine.
- Entrepreneurs often get engrossed in their businesses completely. So, keep aside some time for yourself in the morning hours and utilize this time for introspecting, exercising and thinking about new ideas.
- Even with a plan in place, at times, it is difficult to maintain a routine. So, it is important to give reminders to yourself throughout the day for the important tasks in hand.
- We always react positively towards rewards and incentives. Reward yourself for achieving short and small goals.
- Engage with your friends and colleagues more because this acts at a great motivational factor.
- Venture outside your circle for motivational factors. Watch television, go to movies, and listen to music and others to galvanize yourself towards your goal.
- The definition of happiness differs from people to people. So, indulge yourself in things that make your happy.
- Never compromise with your sleep because it not only motivates but also rejuvenates.
Getting motivated is the toughest thing in a business because it is prone to ups and downs and at times success can be elusive.